torsdag 13 januari 2011

En ungersk poet



For A Copy Of Steep Road

I'm a poet and nobody needs me,

not even if I mutter wordlessly:

u-u-u- no matter, for instead of me,

prying devils will sing relentlessly.

-

And believe me, believe you me,

the cautious suspicion is justified.

I'm a poet who's fit for the stake's fire

because to the truth he's testified.

-

One, who knows that the snow is white,

the blood is red, as is the poppy,

and the poppy's furry stalk is green.

-
One, whom they will kill in the end,

because he himself has never killed.

-

Miklos Radnoti


-

Miklos Radnoti var en ungersk poet- han mördades i förintelsen bara lite över 30 år gammal. Jag har lyckats hitta några av hans dikter i engelsk översättning men han har också blivit översatt till svenska- och diktsamlingen "Krig, död och kärlek" har getts ut av Brända böcker förlag. Jag länkar till förlagets sida här och till Thomas Nydahls blogginlägg om Radnoti här.

2 kommentarer:

Bai sa...

Så fint! "... I mutter wordlessly: u-u-u".

Ingrid sa...

Bai: Det är en dikt som känns in i ryggmärgen.